My dear girl, how many things can you juggle at once? And by that, I mean, how many things can you throw up in the air, and how many of them will come crashing down and whop you in the head?
Because I have the memory of an infant, I’m going to list everything I’m trying to accomplish simultaneously this month. Thirty days from now I will revisit this list and cross off the things I didn’t finish. Maybe I’ll forget them forever. Maybe I’ll rekindle the flame. It’s January’s frenetic frenzy, I tell you. It’s a disease.
- Paint the basement. (A.K.A. Get rid of ugly. Peach and blue, ugh. It’s travesty.)
- Learn to hand letter. Calligraphy with brush pens. Fun and totally relaxing.
- Revise my novel.
- Complete four articles to submit to magazines or blogs.
- Get my son admitted to a special ed preschool.
- Retile the kitchen backsplash.
- Read everyday.
- Purge the no-longer-used baby toys.
- Declutter and purge the rest of the house. (One box at a time).
- Sew curtains for the bedroom.
- Host an event with a few friends at a place where you make your own chocolate. (I feel like this should be priority numero uno.)
- Convert two overhead recessed lights to pendants.
- Meet with a fellow writer IRL.
- Send a postcard to my senator.
- Cook the kids new foods. (Doctor said to lay off the nuggets and expand their horizons.)
- Try not to buy anything that isn’t associated with the projects on this list!